In 2014, Mississippi Market member-owners voted to distribute $30, 088.49 in unclaimed dividends from past year to our community partners as follows:
Our Community Donation program provides small gifts to St. Paul based registered non-profit organizations to use to purchase food for meetings or in silent auctions.
We recognize there are many causes worthy of our support, but we feel that focusing our resources to a few areas has more impact. Some organizations that have received gift cards through our Community Donation program include:
- Gardening Matters
- St Catherine’s University – Food Justice Coalition
- Cathedral Hill Montessori School
- West 7th Community Center
- Community Design Center of MN
- Dodge Nature Center
- Obama Elementary
When considering a potential donation, Mississippi Market looks at the following criteria:
- Is the organization a registered non-profit?
- Is the organization within St. Paul or the surrounding community?
- When has the organization last received a donation from Mississippi Market? Donations are generally granted to organizations once during the co-op’s fiscal year. (July-June)