Mississippi Market gives back to our neighborhoods through these major initiatives:
- offering a wide range of classes on healthy and sustainable living
- Sponsorships to community events that align with our mission.
- We offer tours for schools, places of worship and other community organizations for free! Topics include: healthy eating for kids, being a conscious consumer, “green” building features of our stores and shopping on a budget.
- When shoppers bring their own bag, they receive a credit of 10¢. They can choose to donate this credit to our Positive Change program. We collect these donations for a month, then deliver them to community environmental organizations.
- Our Community Donation program gives small gifts to area schools, nonprofits and other local organizations over each fiscal year.
- During the annual Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign, we encourage our shoppers to donate at our registers to help support 4 of our area food shelves
- By donating surplus produce and packaged foods to local food shelves throughout the year
- Educating elementary school students about healthy eating and sustainable living through our support of the Midwest Food Connection
Read our Donation Policy & Request 2015 (pdf) for our donation guidelines and information on how to request a donation.
If you have questions about our donation program, email Katie Campbell, Education & Events Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-310-9499.
Our 1500 West 7th Street store has a classroom available for rental for non-profit ventures on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays for a small fee. Please see our user agreement for more information about this service.