Our East 7th store is located on the corner of East 7th Street and Maple Street in the Dayton’s Bluff neighborhood of St. Paul, MN.
740 East 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Open daily 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Directions to our East 7th store
The East 7th Street store is on bus lines #61 and #74.
View the route 61 bus schedule.
View the route 74 bus schedule.
Click here to see highlights from our Grand Opening.
- A grocery selection featuring local, organic, fair-trade, and non-GMO products.
- Fresh produce of the highest quality, including certified organic and locally-grown fruits and vegetables.
- A fully-staffed meat and seafood counter – our in-house butchers are able to do special cuts and special orders. We are proud to source our meat from trusted local farmers and producers.
- A wellness section offering personal health and body care products to support your healthy lifestyle.
- A full-service natural foods deli and juice bar, complete with salad bar, pizza station, rotating hot food buffet, and grab-n-go made items made for you, by us.
- Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- A community classroom, complete with demonstration kitchen for hosting cooking classes that are open to the public.
In September 2011, Sarah Geving and Beth Butterfield held a community meeting with 100 attendees and formed a steering committee. As a result of forming this steering committee, the Gateway Food Initiative (GFI) was established with the East Side Neighborhood Development Corporation to support healthy, local food programs and to hold funds earmarked for a co-op on the East Side of St. Paul.
In April 2012, The Gateway Food Cooperative (GFC) was incorporated and the co-op began accepting member-owners. Shortly after, GFC began discussions with Mississippi Market about the challenges of starting a new co-op and the idea of Mississippi Market investigating the opening of a third store. By May of 2013, Mississippi Market entered into discussions with the City of St. Paul to explore the vacant lot known as the Hospital Linen site at 740 East 7th Street.
In January 2014, GFC members voted to dissolve their co-op and become member-owners of Mississippi Market. A month later, Mississippi Market member-owners invested over $1.8 million into the East 7th Street store. Mississippi Market’s third store opened in September 2015 on the Eastside of St. Paul.